studio access for potters with previous experience. open studio is independent work time. BOOk online – Click here.
open studio time includes:
- Materials, Tools and Firing Services
- Access to Studio Equipment including:
- 4 Brent Potters Wheels
- 2 Work Benches
- Slab Roller
- Hand-held Extruder
S.Marotta Pottery offers Membership to potters! Sign up to enjoy the studio’s welcoming and functional space. Studio Membership is a great option for potters who will be spending more than 2 hours per week in the studio. For a monthly fee, you have up to 26 hours per month to access the studio. As a Member of the studio, you are committing yourself to a higher level of responsibility in the studio and are expected to participate in the maintenance of the studio space. You’re also encouraged to learn about and participate in the operations of the studio. As a Member of the SMP Studio, you are joining a group of dedicated and creative potters. The goal is to create a community of potters who share ideas, encourage one another, and who are dedicated to their communal space. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON STUDIO MEMBERSHIP.
introductory sessions – $120/2 sessions.
- Introductory Sessions: This is the prerequisite to scheduling Open Studio Time.
- Learn the Studio Policies, Procedures and become acquainted with the equipment in the studio.
- This is a series of two 2-Hour sessions that includes training and Open Studio Time. Instruction is not included. (Waived for previous students)
- Two 2-Hour Session: $120
- email email@example.com or call 949-351-1054 to schedule
Extra studio time – $20/hr.
- For $20/hr., you can use the studio to create new pieces, finish something you started during your lesson or to work on glazing your pieces.
- Book online at: https://smarottapottery.setmore.com/
- Instruction is not included in studio time.
- Cost includes clay, wheel time, firing, glazing and access to studio tools.
- Previous experience is required. Prerequisite: Either 6-week lesson session or Introductory Session.
- Extra Clay is available for purchase if you would like to take clay home with you.
- Clay is sourced from Tacoma Clay Art Center and is sold at their base price for a 25# bag, plus King County Sales Tax. Current offerings are Laguna BMix5, CAC Digi6, and CAC Oregon Brown. Sourcing of other clays from CAC may be available in the future. Contact the studio for current pricing.
- Only clay purchased in studio will be fired in our kiln
- Firing service fees apply for extra clay purchased